ARK's Y-Chew® Oral Motor Chew
Y-Shaped Multi-Textured Oral Motor Chew Tool
ARK's Y-Chew® is an innovative Y-shaped oral motor chew tool. It has three different extensions to chew on, each with its own texture (smooth, ribbed, and bumpy) for a varied sensory experience.
Use the Y-Chew as a safe alternative to biting/chewing on fingers, shirts, and other hazardous non-food items.
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving oral input and stimulation
- To exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration
- To decrease thumb sucking, tooth grinding, and finger/knuckle biting
- To practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking
- To improve jaw strength, jaw stability, tongue movement, and other feeding skills
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
- To build oral tone, strength, mobility, control, coordination, and endurance
- To decrease oral sensitivities, oral defensiveness, and food aversions
Available in 7 different colours (colour defines strength)
- Red, Standard
- Light Blue, Standard (Most Popular)
- Yellow, Standard
- Turquoise, XT - Medium (Most Popular)
- Lime Green, XT - Medium
- Royal Blue, XXT - Toughest (Most Popular)
- Orange, XXT - Toughest
ARK Grabber® comes in 3 colour-coded toughness levels:
- Soft/Standard - These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them. Recommended for mild chewers and/or beginners practising biting/chewing skills
- Medium Firm / XT - XT stands for "Xtra Tough," recommended for moderate chewing. These are firmer, but still chewy.
- Very Firm / XXT - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough," recommended for more avid chewing. These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough.
ARK manufactures these chew tools in the USA! They're medical grade, FDA compliant, and contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. The handle measures approximately 5 cm and the extensions measure 2.5 cm and 2.54 cm respectively.
All materials and colours are FDA approved.
Colour hues may vary slightly.
Caution: although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Some individuals (particularly those with heavy oral needs and aggressive biting/chewing) may be able to damage the tools. How long each tool lasts depends on the amount and intensity of the chewing, the oral sensory needs of the individual, whether or not they are seeing an occupational therapist if needed, as well as many other variables in his/her life. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary when the item shows signs of wear and tear.
Proud to only stock the highest quality brands and products from around the world.
- Ark Therapeutic
- Chew Stixx
- Chewy Tubes